Recently, the Education Department of IPEM organized a workshop on E-Content development and E-learning under the expertise of Resource persons from very reputed organizations like IGNOU and NCERT. The resource person involved the participants in such a manner that all the participant faculty from different organization behaved like students and were so motivated to participate in the activities conducted by them that we tried to reach the top of all. In this blog, I would like to mention the Kahoot App which was introduced by Dr.Yashpaul Sharma from, CIET, NCERT and highly appreciated by the participants.
Kahoot is an app or Online Educational Resource through which multiple learners gathered around can be connected to a common screen in such a way that the screen becomes an interactive whiteboard. Kahoot app is a platform which is designed for social learning in any school and other educational institution. It is a game based learning which is used to develop multiple-choice quizzes that allows the users to access through their mobile phones or any web browser application.
Kahoot! is a tool for using technology to administer quizzes, discussions or surveys. It is a game based classroom response system played by the whole class in real time. Multiple-choice questions are projected on the screen. Students answer the questions with their smartphone, tablet or computer.the students are supposed to download the app in their devices.
HOW TO PLAY
• Pick one of the fifteen Kahoots below.
• Connect a device to a projector or screen in front of the classroom.
• Press the “Launch” button.
• At Kahoot.it, students enter game-pin and nickname on their own devices (phone, tablet, or computer).
• Press “Start now” to let the fun begin!
• Students answer questions on their own devices by selecting one of the four answer buttons.