Orientation Programme For (B.Ed.Ist Year 2020)ABHINANDAN.2020
TITLE OF ACTIVITY Orientation Programme for B.Ed. Ist Year
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- (i)To aware new entrants about the environment of the institution.
- (ii) To familiarise new entrants with the history and future events of the institution.
- (iii)To create an atmosphere for new entrants to get to know other students and faculty members.
- (iv) To aware the students about the programme structure of B.Ed.
- (V)To generate the understanding that E-learning is the wheel for new innovations.
- (Vi) To create an online environment at this pandemic time.
ORGANISINGDEPARTMENT Centre for Teacher Education
DATE (S)21st December 2020 to 24th December 2020
TIME (s) : FROM 10:30 A.M. TO12:00 P.M.(Four Day)
CONVENER : Dr.Jaymala Singh
CHIEF GUEST : DR.SUGANDHA GOEL,DR.NISHI SHARMA,MS.POOJA SINGH
CATEGORY AND NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS : B.Ed Ist Year students(86 Students)
PLATFORM USED : Microsoft Team App
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL PREPARED Posters,Rules/Regulations, Registration Form.
SOCIAL AND PRINT MEDIA USED FOR PROMOTION Website
CONDUCT METHODOLGY –The meeting of orientation programme was organised on Microsoft Team App for the newly admitted B.Ed. students from 21st December to 24th December. The Programme was held in four days from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Day 1:Students were formally welcomed and introduced to the culture of the institute and university. After that Dean academics Dr. Sugandha Goel, Principal Dr.Nishi Sharma, B.Ed.Ist year co-ordinator Ms.Viditi Rastogi address the students. The students Know the faculty members and colleagues by their introduction.
- Day2:On the next day, the session started with an introduction to rules and regulations and program structure of B.Ed.and evaluation criteria were explained to students. A guest lecture was also organisd by aluminiMs.Pooja Singh on “Career Options after B.Ed.”
- Day3: On the third day syllabus of CC1: Contemporary India and Educationand CC2: Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives of Education was discussed by respective faculty member.
- Day 4:On the fourth day syllabus of CC3: Growing up as a Learner and CC4: Teacher, Teaching and Technology was discussed by respective faculty member.
OUTCOMES &OBJECTIVESACHIEVED:-As a result of this Orientation Programme
- All the sessions were interactive and the students were benefitted largely.
- Students achieved to Introduce himself with E-Learning Education.
- E-learning education is the need of the day.
- Monitoring the students was a challenge due to lack of visual interface.
- Connectivity issues were faced by some students.
- Some students were not familiar with the online mode learning.
- No face to face interaction
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS:
- E-education cannot replacephysical teaching.
- It may be beneficial if the future orientation programme are organised face to face.
- Other platforms could have been more interactive and user friendly like google meet and zoom
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS:- Nil
- The Database of the target audience which can be the Institutional records that could be used for future should also be attached with the Report.
- The whole event should be recorded and a CD of the same sent to the Central Library for record /future reference.
Gallery Of ABHINANDAN.2020