IT WEBINAR (ONLINE ACTIVITY) REPORT
TITLE OF ACTIVITY – IT Webinar on “Opportunities and Challenges of Software Industry in Current Scenario”
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES –
- This Webinar will focus on Post Covid- 19 Educational & Career Challenges and Suggested Measures, various options in Software Industry .
- There are ample opportunities in current software industry with massive automation projects running across different sectors and demand of more technology oriented businesses.
There are several potential challenges that software industry is facing due to covid and other geo political volatilities.
Objective of the interaction would be touching upon all these areas and also little manoeuvre on how deal with such challenges and exploitating the opportunities.
ORGANISING DEPARTMENT - IT Department, IPEM Ghaziabad
DATE - 22 June 2020
TIME - 11.00AM TO 12.50 PM
Core Session Commences at (11.10 - 12.20 )
Q&A Session (12.20-12.45).
CONVENER - Dr. Naveen Kumar Singh (Director IT Dept.)
CO-CONVENER(S)- Ms. Richa Vijay and Mr. Shivoham Tiwari
CHIEF GUEST/ KEY SPEAKERS/ OTHER GUEST (s)
Chief Guest - Mr. Anuranjan Mishra (Vice president CSI Ghaziabad Chapter,DEAN GNIT ,GNoida)
Key Speaker- Mr. Bipin Tiwari, Solution Architect, Nagarro Software, Gurgaon
CATEGORY AND NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS -
- Faculties, Research Scholars, Students ,IT Professionals
- Total Registration for IT Webinar - 667
- Zoom and YouTube LIVE Participation - 305 (220 + 85)
- Feedback Received till 23/06/20 – 501
PLATFORM USED – Zoom and YouTube Live Streaming
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL PREPARED –
• Invitation Letters,
• Registration Form,
• Whatsapp contents & Tele calling massages (Copy Attached)
• Telegram group
SOCIAL AND PRINT MEDIA USED FOR PROMOTION
• Facebook ,
• Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
• Whatsapp Groups,
• Telegram Groups
CONDUCT METHODOLGY –
Core Team: A core team comprising of Ms.Richa Vijay and Ms Shivoham Tiwari was made by Director IT Dr.Naveen Kumar Singh
Invitation: For inviting participants, Registration form on Google Forms was made and circulated among various telegram group and Whatsapp Group. The poster and Registration link were posted on Website and Social Networking Sites.
Technical Task: Created Zoom Meeting Id and You Tube Live Streaming Links.
Internet Connectivity: To ensure best internet speed, the meetings were held through LAN Connections in the Computer Department itself.
Demo Session: A demo sessions were held on same day (22/06/20) with technical team before the Live session to avoid any flaws during the actual sessions.
The Activity Details
- Webinar was started at 11.AM.
- IT was conducted on Zoom platform and Live Streaming on YouTube also.
- In start Ms. Richa Vijay gave introduction about our college and this Webinar along with CSI Details .
- Then she invited our Chief Guest (Dr. Anuranjan Mishra) to address our participants with his words of lifetime.
- Then she invited our Key Speaker Mr. Bipin Tiwari for our Webinar topic “Opportunities and Challenges of Software Industry in Current Scenario”and he describe this topic in the following order
Dealing with it
- After the core session of 1:15 Hours Q&A session started and hosted by Ms Richa Vijay and Mr. Vibin Tiwari responded on the queries .
- After completion of 30 minutes Q&A session . she invited Dr. Naveen Kumar Singh (Director IT Dept.) for vote of Thanks.
- The session was extremely useful for the participants And Director IT Dr. Naveen Kumar Singh closed the session talking about his experience for this session .
- Total 667 Participants registered for the Webinar from all over the India, out of Which 501 Submitted their Feedback .
- The E-Certificates were send to the participants electronically through mail. The Certificates were given to only those participants who had submitted Feedback till next day only .
- Total Feedback Responses received- 501
OUTCOMES & OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED
Legal and Compliance related challenges
Global Data War
Gap between design of engineering curriculum and industry expectation
Volatile US policy
Data Security etc.
- This complete session was very interesting for participants; they become able to deal with Post Covid-19 Educational & Career Challenges, Opportunities in Software Industry.
- The Participants have knowledge about Post Covid-19 Educational & Career Challenges in Software Industry-
Big Data Technologies
High and image processing Technologies
Revolution in space technologies across space agencies around the world etc.
- The Participants also have information about opportunities in current software industry with massive automation projects running across different sectors-
Enhance technical capability.
Identify the interest and strength and align your career prospect accordingly
Be more connected to fast changing IT world
Try to be expert rather all in one
Inducting advance technologies in curriculum
Special emphasis on communication skills etc.
- So the participants will be able to deal with such challenges and explicating the opportunities by considering following factors in mind-
OBSERVATIONS & SHORTCOMINGS
- It was observed that the retention of the participants during the webinar falls and fluctuates.
- The shortcoming is that session was scheduled 30 minutes before the actual session which creates a gap .
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS
- For next activity session will start only 10 minutes before to give joining time to participants.
- During glimpse slides related to IPEM , voice will be added to make it more effective and interactive.
- The Database 667 is ready for future reference that could be used for future and also attached with the Report.
- The recordings of the event is available on You tube links of IPEM Channel and also recording is saved in CD for the central library for future Reference.