Inter Institutional Activity on Legal Case Analysis on 13th June 2020 ACTIVITY REPORT
1.TITLE OF ACTIVITY - Inter-institutional Online Case Analysis Competition
2. PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES - This Competition would serve as academic stimulations and harness skills like Drafting, Critical thinking, Writing, Analytical skills and Prowess of students in reviewing a Judgment and Landmark Cases in making them better professionals.
3. ORGANISING DEPARTMENT – IPEM Law Academy
4. DATE – 13/06/2020
5. TIME (s) - FROM 11:15 AM To 12:45 PM
6.CONVENER (s) – Ms Archana Singh & Mr Neeraj Sharma
7. CHIEF GUEST/ KEY SPEAKERS/ OTHER GUEST (s) - NA
8. CATEGORY AND NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS - Law College Student ; Registered 88 Participated 55
9.PLATFORM USED - Zoom, Google Class Rooms Attachments of case analysis 22.docx
10 .PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL PREPARED – (Invitation Letters, Posters, Rules/Regulations, Registration Form (Copy Attached) Online Case Analysis Competition Invitation & Rules & Regulations.pdfA Google Forms.pdf
12 SOCIAL AND PRINT MEDIA USED FOR PROMOTION - Website, Face book, IMG-20200528-WA0064.jpg
13. CONDUCT METHODOLGY – Invitation sent to Colleges Final Proposal of Case Analysis Competition (1).pdf Online Case Analysis Competition Invitation & Rules & Regulations.pdf
o Registration link Shared for Registration A - Google Forms.pdf
o Google Classrooms Created Attachments of case analysis 22.docx
o Calling done for joining Class calling students list.docx
o Case shared on 13/06/2020 Attachments of case analysis 22.docx
o Presentation/summarydistributedamong all Law Faculties for checking (Each one has got 9 Assignment)
o Felicitation & result 0n 15/06/2020 Attachments of case analysis 22.docx
14. Results , Awards , Certificates and Details of Felicitation Ceremony held – All faculty has checked the work of all participants & then compiled result have been prepared. Top Three have been awarded with cash prizes of Rs 3000, 2500, 2000 respectively along with E- Certificates & rest other participants (only who submitted work) were also acknowledged E –Certificates .(Copy Attached ) . The Felicitation ceremony was organized on 15/06/2020 on Zoom & it was graced by all dignitaries of IPEM , Faculties & Participants. Prof. (Dr.) BPS Sehgal Director / Advisor Law announced the result & appreciated all participants. Col. (Dr.) AS Malhotra DG IPEM & Dr Sugandha Goel Dean Academic IPEM also encouraged all the participants with their valuable remarks. Dr Dolly Phillips HOD Management graced the occasion with her remarkable & lively presence. (copy attached) Result Case Analiysis Activity.docx Transfer to Ayush Law 24 June 2020.pdf Transfer to Jigyasa Law Case analiysis.pdf Transfer to Kartikey Law 24 June 2020.pdf ..\E-Certificates\E Certificates CASE Analiysis\Aditya Pandey.JPG
15. OUTCOMES & OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED - Case Law provides two major advantages: Students can use it to control the outcome of any case. Rather than rely on the whims of whatever judge is presiding over any case, students can cite existing case law as mandatory authority that the judge must follow (per stare decisis) . This certainly would have been increased the art of drafting skill among the students & participants.
16. OBSERVATIONS & SHORTCOMINGS - The format of the Competition was simple & quite interesting which was appreciated by students. Since the cases previously shared so there might be chances of lack of originality in content. Therefore in future these things must hase to keep in mind.
17. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS - The students have to argue as if they are arguing before real court. ... To appraise the students about presenting the case and preparing written submission and applying given case from either side before the court is the main purpose of this Competition. Keeping this in mind we have to organize this kind of activity at regular interval.
18.ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS
* The Database of the target audience which can be the Institutional records that could be used for future
should also be attached with the Report.
* The whole event should be recorded and a CD of the same sent to the Central Library for record /future reference.